Friday, September 26, 2008

Sounds like a great blog entry.

Sounds like a great blog entry.  This is what Kyle said to me a few nights ago as I described my day to him, never a good thing.  The day started with Adam sleeping in, I thought what a great thing for me.  I was wrong.  As I am walking out the door to take Sarah and Alex to the bus stop Adam wakes up, and he is GRUMPY!  He does not want me to leave, and he does not want to come with me.  I finally just have to go or we are going to miss the bus.  I get all the way down the street and hear this kid screaming for his mommy, oh yes it's my kid.  As a side note, Alex gets on the bus right in front of our house, with a little friend of his, Sarah gets on the bus at the end of our street with two of her little friends, why we have two stops so close together I'm not really sure.  Anyway, Adam is screaming for me, which sends Alex into a panic so he is screaming for me to "come back, Adam needs you".  I am starting to feel a little embarrassed that everyone around us is watching these two boys scream down the street at me, what I don't realize is that this is only the beginning.  I leave Sarah, which she does not like, run back to the house and grab Adam.  He has no coat, no socks, green snot is running down his face and it's very cold out.  I feel like a really awesome mom right now.  I get back to the stop as the bus is pulling up.  I give Sarah a hug and she is very calmly walking on when her foot hits the first step of the bus.... something triggers PANIC!  She starts screaming, really yelling and trowing a fit.  I try to make her sit down, the bus driver tries to make her sit down - nothing is working.  I get off the bus and turn around to see my daughter standing on the other side of the closed doors crying her eyes out and screaming her head off.  Let me remind you there are lots of parents watching.  The bus driver has to open the door, as Sarah won't sit down.  The bus drives off to the next stop as I am telling her that she can't go to school today because she didn't ride the bus.  WOW, that really sent her into a fit and the next thing I know she is running down the street chasing the bus, which of course she does not catch (this was really sad and a bit pathetic to watch).  By the time I get home she is standing at our van, begging me to take her to school.  I make her promise she will never do that again, which she does, and off we go.  By the way, Adam is still not dressed and his nose is still not wiped.  Well I am very glad I took her to school, because when I get there I find out Alex is frantic, he thinks he lost his sister.  He didn't know she didn't get on the bus and unknown to me he had been walking her to class every day after they got off the bus, how sweet is that.  He had gone to her class and he and her teacher were searching everywhere for her.  I then had to explain the whole event to her teacher and I also had to explain why my crazy kids get on the bus in two different places.  UGHHHH.  I realize that I have not showered, I'm in my sweats and my three year old looks like I don't care for him at all, bare feet and all - a real white trash moment!  I see Alex standing behind me with huge eyes, so worried about Sarah, so that almost made the morning worth it, almost.  Needless to say we now get on the bus at the same stop and Sarah has not cried again about getting on the bus.  I have survived another adventure in parenting.

7 comments:

Family of 5 said...

O my goodness...what a story! I had to laugh...but then I felt bad! :( I also felt the embarassament for you too as well. :( What a day no kidding! Oh I am not looking forward to days like that! Sigh...you deserved a double shot latte that day that's for sure...and throw in a pedicure while your at it! :) Thanks for sharing the story! We could all put our stories together and we would have the best book in the world...and some women would probably never want to have kids! ;) hehe!

Oh by the way the Simply Words party is those words things that you can put on your wall...its' really cool...my sister and I are having a party on November 13th and if you want I will put you on my list to invite...just let me know!?

HOpe your day is going smoothly!

Acker Family said...

Oh Wendy! You make me laugh so hard. I agree with Anna, you should write a book with all of the funny stories of your children :) You've got the best attitude with it though, that's for sure! Hope the rest of your week is a bit more calm :)

girl said...

Ok.. I don't think I am a very good friend, because I smiled and laughed throughout that whole story! I promise, you can laugh at mine when I share horror "going to school" stories on my blog in a couple of years! :)

I love you! You're a great mom!

Pam said...

I'm sorry Wendy, but I had to laugh. I could just picture this whole thing taking place! What memories you are creating...it will be so fun when they are older and you can say, "Do you remember when..."

Kyle Kivett said...

I'm so pleased my wife is funny. That makes one of us! Wait... Now I'm sad.

girl said...

You've been tagged, my friend! Check out my blog for details and play along if you want. :)

Palmer Family said...

oh such a crazy morning!!! I'm glad you survived though and I love that Alex checks on Sarah, I mean seriously does it get more "loving big brother" than that!? Ok I have some comment catching up to do so here I go.
I love that your kids all play guitar together and I really hope potty training is going better! Two down one to go right!!
I can't believe Sarah is in school! I know I am all caught up now and it shouldn't shock me that your kids are getting older but really school!?
Umm super cute and fun baby shower you threw with your friends!! Do I recognize those hanging pom poms as being from Martha?
Ok I think I am all caught up now!