Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chiweenie

The two kids holding my moms dog and our dog and our little Padme' with her chew toy.

Well we broke down and got a rat dog.  Granted it's a pretty cute rat dog, but rat dog all the same.  My mom called on Tuesday saying they had found a puppy that they wanted to get and they would like to buy Alex her sister.  At first we said no, she's to fragile and will get hurt way to easy, but being weak, we gave in to Alex who really wanted her.  I must say she is really cute and sweet and I am totally in love with her.  I'm not so sure that Kyle has grown to love her as much as I have.  What was really funny was that when we originally started talking about getting Alex a puppy he said OK but no dachshund and REALLY NO chiuaua.  Well we came home with a Chiweenie, a mix of those two exact breeds.  Its breed nick-name is the Mexican Hotdog!  So far I have been very pleased with her training, although we have had a few accidents today.  I think she's going to be a great addition to our family, and also the source of many great stories to come.  She has already had a fit over seeing Kyle's reflection in our sliding glass door and her own reflection.  I'm sure it is only going to get more interesting.

4 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Oh she's so cute! Now I think I could handle a dog that little! :) BUt not till all my kids are potty trained! I love how little she is! Don't you have a bigger dog too? How fun to have a new lil addition to the family!

Unknown said...

I am cracking up ... a cheweenie!!! I love it. Can't wait to hear more stories. Take care!

Acker Family said...

What fun stories! She is pretty cute too. I'll have to take Lily over there to see her :)

girl said...

Adorable!! :) I look forward to the fun stories that will definitely be coming our way! :)