Friday, October 24, 2008

Going for it - Thanks a lot Amanda!

Alright, I have officially been motivated to blog about my desire to loose 20 pounds.  I have been inspired by my very good friend Amanda, who did this and lost the weight.  Well she only had to loose 10 pounds, and really she was already so skinny.   I have decided to go in baby steps, I actually would love to loose 30 pounds but don't want to put a goal out there that is only going to discourage me.  I feel that I need some encouragement along the way, I guess I have a hard time focusing and waiting until all 20 pounds is gone is just too long.  So I am going to reward the hard work at 10 pounds, 15 pounds and then 20 pounds.  Those rewards are yet to be determined with the help of my hubby.  If I loose the 20, see already negative talk...WHEN I loose the 20 I will decide if I should loose the extra 10.  I feel like Valerie Bertinelli, she started with 20 and then went for the extra 10.  My hope would be to loose this weight in 12 weeks - we shall see.  Wish me luck, I am very rebellious and feel that really if I would just choose to take care of myself like I know I should, this would be easy.  Not to mention that I want to be a good healthy example for my kids.  Exercise and good food here I come.  As a side note, why do I have to love sugar so much?  And with Halloween right around the corner.  Deep sigh.

4 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Good for you Wendi! :) You can do it! I am way behind in my goal ..I need to step it up! So I will keep encouraging you! It's so hard when there are goodies around...I have a sweet tooth too! I'm going to check ini on you and you have the right to check in with me too! :) hehe!

Acker Family said...

Yay I'm so proud of you! You can do it I know it! For me the key was too not deprive myself of the things I liked. So if you like candy, eat it. Just in SMALL amounts. Just grab a few m&ms and walk away from the bag. It'll hopefully be enough to satisfy that craving :) Good luck!

girl said...

Good luck!! I am also trying to lose weight...not fun, but a desired goal. We'll go at it together. I hear ya with the halloween candy. We have a giant bag of chocolate that Justin's dad decided we needed as well as cookies, brownies, and ice-cream left over from meals people keep bringing us. What am I supposed to do, throw it out?!? Yeah right! :) My diet starts Monday... :)

Palmer Family said...

You can do it Wendy!! I will be cheering you on! Then after I have my baby you can cheer me on:)