Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sarah is having a girl!










Today my wonderful, great, amazing friends Kari and Valerie came over and we threw our other wonderful, great, amazing friend Sarah a shower.  This was to celebrate the sweet little girl Ellie she is expecting.  We had a great turnout which was wonderful for Sarah and I must say we had some pretty great food and a lot of laughing took place.  It was an all chocolate themed party, because the color chocolate just goes great with pink.  That, and we really LOVE chocolate,
well us throwing the shower do anyway.  It was a wonderful mix of people and I was so glad to get to meet all these different parts of Sarah's life.  She has become a very dear friend to me and I am very grateful to God for placing her in my life.  Sarah is very encouraging and a real genuine person, which can be hard to find.  So the theme of the shower was brown and pink and we went all out in sticking to it.  I was really excited because I got a great deal on beautiful flowers at the South Salem Farmer's Market.  The flower lady made two huge flower arrangements for me and she allowed me to special order them, in all pink, to pick up on Sunday morning.  A great discovery, as I found that was much cheaper then going to a florist.  I made these cute vases with brown ribbon around them and then in pink glitter put the babies initials on them.  We also made candle votives that we filled with coffee, put pink ribbon around, and then put the babies initials on too.

We made brownies, and cherry chocolate cream in edible white chocolate cups.  Mint cream filling, which we tinted pink, in dark chocolate cones, chocolate covered strawberries with an E on each of 
them to stand for "Ellie".  We had a chocolate fountain with some yummy treats to dip and then to top it all off the most amazing punch 
ever.  Kari found a recipe for chocolate egg cream punch.  It has no eggs in it so don't fret.  It was a carton of vanilla ice cream, almost a gallon of chocolate milk, the real stuff that you buy at the store, and then about 1 liter of club soda.  It sat for about 20 minutes before serving.  It was like a chocolate milkshake punch.  SOOOOO good. 

We then played the craziest, most fun game.  To honor Sarah's musical side we split everyone into 5 groups, gave them song

titles and song styles and asked them to write a song, and perform it, for Sarah.  The song titles were based on the new babies initials, EMP.  We had things like Every Mother's Prayer, Every Moments Precious and Ellie's Mighty Pipes.  The groups did an outstanding job!  It really could have flopped except that they actually worked really hard to make it fun, some had choreography and some had a little drama to go along with it.
The winning group did a rap song, beat box and all.  They were hilarious. It was a really fun day, because the guests were so fun,  and it couldn't have been for a better girl, or planned with better friends.  I love all those girls and I can't wait to see them again.

Inserted is pictures of the food and decor and a couple of the song groups.  The last picture is of Sam and Sarah, they are sweet friends.  I hope that as they grow older we will see them planning showers for each other and being blessed by their friendship in the way I am with these gals. 

3 comments:

Acker Family said...

You are a fast blogger! Way to go!The shower was fun and the food/decor amazing. You never cease to amaze me Martha Stewart-I mean Wendy :) You've got a gift my friend!

girl said...

I LOVE YOU!!! That's all I can say! Thanks for the amazing shower...everything was simply that - amazing. You three are the best and I am so thankful that you are here (or I am finally back here!) to share this special time with me! Hope to see you soon! :)

Family of 5 said...

What a great update! It looks like it was so fun and looks like yummy food too! Bummer I missed out! :( Ohwell, there will be other showers! And the colors: brown and pink...those are Cambria's bedroom colors! ;) Too cute! I just also got your comment on my blog...and yah it was fun running into you yesterday, that would be fun to do a "planned" date sometime! :) because I guess Adam and 'Si do know each other! Keep trying on the video...maybe refresh the page and try it again...not sure why it wasn't working! Weird!