Saturday, September 13, 2008

No longer in her 20's

Today was one of my best girlfriends 30th birthday.  Erin is a spunky, sweet, lovable red head that loves the Lord and spurs me on to be a better christian gal.  I know that she prays for me, my kids and my family.  When Connie asked me to help her plan Erin's 30th bash I was honored to do so, and loved every minute of it.  Last night about 30 of Erin's great friends came, dressed up, to Emily's house for a big surprise.  Erin had no idea what we were planning and was shocked when we were all waiting behind that door.  I must say her husband totally impressed me with his ability to be tricky, good job Rich.  We had a great time chatting all night, eating yummy food, and watching the fun video that I made of her life so far.  

An extra fun treat was that today our accountability group surprised her by kidnapping her to Portland.  We met like normal and had our prayer time, then said "o.k. let's go".  I think she was really happy that her actual birthday had something fun on it too.  She's a great gal, one of my best friends, and I wish her a truly happy birthday.  Now she gets to start feeling old, aches and pains hit faster then you ever think they will.  Boo.

Breakfast at Mother's Bistro

The gang at Cupcake Jones

Erin's Birthday Cupcake 







3 comments:

Family of 5 said...

Yah how fun! I'm sooooo sad I missed out on her party! :( :( Oh well...it sounds and looks like it was a LOT of fun! She doesn't even look like she's 30! Such a young beautiful face!
And what a great time it looks like you had in Portland! Yummy food! :) Way to be such an awesome friend and throw her that party! :) Along of course with all your other helpers!

girl said...

How fun!!! I am sad I had to miss out, but it looks like it was a major hit! :) I love the picture of Erin walking in the door. What a great look of surprise, joy, and excitement!! Glad it was so much fun!

Acker Family said...

What a fun party! You guys did such a good job! And looks like lots of fun in Portland too! Yay for cupcake Jones!