Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wow, it has been way to long since my last blog.  All this time off with my sweet hubby home has made it hard to make the time.  So as a result a lot of blog worthy moments are going to be edited out and pictures not shown.  Just to many.  I will share however, our dramatic moment of this years Kivett family beach trip.  

Every year Kyle's family goes to driftwood shores for 3 or 4 days over the New Year holiday. This tradition started 6 years ago when I was expecting Sarah.  Kyle's mom, Arlene, LOVED the coast.  So it has been somewhat in her honor that we have kept this tradition alive.  Not to mention it is really fun and special that the family still desires this connection.  Anyway, we have always had some kind of swimming adventure it seems. 

The one that sticks out in my mind is from our third trip, I was large, waiting for Adam to be born and the kids wanted to go to the pool.  I was chatting with my sister-in-law and Kyle with his brother while the cousins and another uncle were watching the kids.  I thought Kyle was watching he thought I was and so neither of us noticed when Sarah decided to walk across the hot tub to uncle Chris.  He was turned around watching a swim race the cousins were having.  So as a result I turned to see my little girl floating, face down, in the water.  I have never moved so fast when I was preggers, but I moved.  I was yelling Chris get the baby and he scooped her up.  She was fine, a few coughs, and she was really annoyed that I took her out of the water.  Anyway, we have since learned that you just HAVE to put vests on your kids in the pool.
This year all the kids were wearing vests, everything went great.  The kids love to swim, it's the highlight of their trip.  They had so much fun, Adam was jumping into the pool and letting Kyle throw him in the water.  Sarah was swimming the length of the p
ool as many times as her little body would let her and Alex was practicing swimmi
ng under water.  He and Sarah also had a blast chasing a floaty ball around the pool.  Really nice and relaxing for me as Kyle does the pool duty.  I'm not the fun parent and I don't get into my swim suit unless I am somewhere I know I will see no one I know.  
Anyway, on our last night it was really windy and crazy getting to the pool and super cold. After the kids were done swimming I decide to rush Sarah back to the room.  She's really cold and ready for some cocoa.  So I yell a goodbye to Kyle and head out with her.  We are really moving fast to get back to the room to dry off and warm up.  She is in her pj's and we have grabbed the hot cocoa to head next door to visit and drink our tasty drink, so it's been a few minutes.  Just as we are leaving Kyle shows up with Adam, JUST Adam.  Where's Alex I say.  Well it turns out that after Sarah and I left Alex decided to follow.  Kyle thought he would be fine because we had literally just walked out, but he didn't know how fast we were moving or that we went up a different set of stairs then usual.  Anyway, he got lost and has now been wondering around, outside, in his wet suit with only a towel to keep him warm.  The whole family starts searching the hotel, it's all outside doors with these cut threws to the beach.  We are running around yelling ALEX, and he is nowhere to be found.  Finally a guy that works there points us in the direction he saw a little boy, it turns
 out to be on the opposite side of the hotel then our room. By the time we got to him his lips were blue and both of us were a little emotional.  Alex and I that is.  I just had these visions of him going threw one of those cut threws and roaming around on the beach or someone scooping him up into their room.  It was aweful, I was so grateful we found him, so thankful to God for keeping him safe.  The trip was great, but Alex and I don't care to relive that moment again.  These last pictures are of Sarah and Alex playing chase in the pool.  They had SO much fun together, it was nice to see them play so happily together.

2 comments:

girl said...

Glad you had fun at the coast and SO glad you found Alex. How scary!! I love all the pictures. Did you use your new awesome camera? The one of Kyle and Adam is so sweet...but Kyle looks like he has a sweater of chest and arm hair. It is just a reflection of the water, but it made me laugh! :)

Family of 5 said...

Ok, those two stories brought tears to my eyes! Freaky! God definitely was watching over your babies! (I know they aren't babies now...but you know what I mean!) I'm glad you had some good memories too!

And I have to agree with Sarah on that one pic of Kyle with Adam...i had to look twice, then realized it was the water! ...haha! :0 )

Happy New Year to your beautiful family!