Saturday, January 10, 2009

Girls Are Fun

So I love having a daughter, but I have to say I'm actually glad I was blessed with only one.  I can only take so much drama in my life.  Anyway, with girls you get to paint nails, shop, play dress up, play with dolls and bake!  Sarah loves to bake and for Christmas got this really cute cupcake maker.  The actual cupcakes work like an easy bake oven, but you use the microwave.  The actual decorator is the cool part.  You will be able to see from the pictures that we need to work a little longer to get the right consistency of the frosting.  Ours was to thick and came out in one poop like blob.  But we had fun together anyway.  It was one of those rare moments at home just us girls.  Enjoy the pics of my sweet girl being a girl.                 Here is Sarah with all her tools for this project.  Isn't that cupcake maker cute.  
 Here she is with the cupcake mix ready for the oven.  It smelled interesting, REALLY sweet.Here is Sarah putting the cupcake into the cute cupcake baker dish.  We then put it in the microwave from here.  Below you can see it all baked up.
The frosting is where we went wrong.  We needed to add a little more water.
 Here is Sarah so excited about her sprinkles and working the actual cupcake decorater.  The cupcake spins while the frosting is pumped out, so it is supposed to have this spiral effect.  You can see that she ate the finished product, I got the thumbs up so it must have tasted alright.  I gotta say I don't think I would have tried it.



1 comment:

Acker Family said...

What a fun thing! I can't wait until Lily is older so I can do those fun things with her! I also love Sarah's little apron-too cute!