Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Beach House

We have been going to the same beach house since before I was born.  It's in Lincoln city and it is right on the beach.  You walk out the door and your feet are in the sand.  I have a ton of great memories from this house.  I have taken friends as a kid and couples from church as an adult.  It's really cool to see my kids enjoying this place as much as I did.  The only bummer is that it is barely cared for.  My inner decorator always comes out when I am there.  I think about how I could make it beautiful and that I would like to buy it some day.  The first thing I would change is how painful the shower is, the water pressure is so hard you have to protect yourself while you are in there.  This past weekend my family went to this house, minus Kyle who was at men's retreat.  We had a great time, we always stay up late playing games and eating junk food.  We laugh alot!  Pee your pants kind of laugh.  My oldest brother's son is now 16 and he is stinkin' funny.  It's really fun to see how these kids are growing up, but sad that it happens so fast.  Below are a whole bunch of pictures from our trip this weekend.  Enjoy.

Adam and Sarah are playing on rocks that I played on during the early years.  One year we came to the house after a big sand storm and the rocks were totally covered.  Now they are starting to show again, it's probably been 15 years since these rocks were as visible.
Alex and his dog, I thought this was a cool shot.  Padme' loved the beach, but felt a huge need to bark at everything.  
Adam is standing in the D river.  The river was deep and fast but the kids were able to walk in the shallow parts with their rain boots on.
My kids being my kids.  They are so cute.
Grandpa and Adam.  Adam had the strength and energy to get to a location but ALWAYS needed carried back.  He is lucky that grandpa loves him so much.
Sarah is holding a treasure she found in the rocks.  We were actually looking for agates but this rock is pretty too.
The beach house has a mantel full of rocks with guests names on them.  Fun tradition they have going there.
I was trying to get a picture of the dogs together, but they never stop moving long enough.
Alex and his much loved cousin Cooper.  He is always so excited to see him and spend time playing together.  Coop is a sweet, sweet kid.
Sarah and grandma walking to the tide pools, and then Sarah and Carter on the rocks where the tide pools are.  Man does she just love the camera or what. 

All the grandkids except Courtney, Jeffrey's sister.  She had soccer playoffs.  Poor Jeffrey is clearly older then the rest of the crew.  But he is such a good sport.
Alex is holding a hermit crab that we found in one of the tide pools.  He is still saying how much he misses "that little fella"  (his words).  I just know I am going to have like 3 snakes, a lizard and a big old spider some day because of this kid.
The tide came in pretty high on the last day and the kids had to wait a long time to get out and play.  Here is Adam looking longingly at the beach, see how you walk off the deck onto the beach, LOVE IT!
These two were searching for anything they could find with these binocs.  They had a hard to spotting much more then birds.  We did see a bald eagle fly over the beach and then right over our deck carrying something in his talons on Saturday.  It was truly awesome.  Such beautiful animals.  
I just love this picture, I think it is so cute.  Sarah looks so tiny, and you can feel the love they all have for each other.
Adam was content to dig and dig and dig!  Dump sand and repeat.

Here is the whole crew posing for the camera.  It was pretty funny getting this picture with the timer on my camera, but finally my brother Mike made it happen.  And amazingly we are all looking and smiling at the camera!

Below are a few scenic pictures that I took.  I am still learning to use my new camera but I think it takes pretty awesome pictures.  Or maybe it's just the photographer :)








4 comments:

Emily said...

I love that beach house too! So glad you have a special place.

Becky said...

Great pictures, Wendy! Glad you had a fun weekend. :)

Acker Family said...

Such great pictures! You are one talented lady :)

Family of 5 said...

What fun special memories! You guys must love the beach! :0) We do too...such a great place for kids and parents to run and play and enjoy God's beautiful creation!