Thursday, January 15, 2009

Funny Faces

I have REALLY been loving being a mom these days.  Something about the three weeks off, getting the extra time with Kyle to help out and get the house organized, has made being a mommy a bit easier.  Or, it is more likely that God has been giving me extra patience and been opening my eyes to how truly blessed I am.  I think I have the best kids in the world, the most beautiful, the sweetest, most talented, most fun and funny.  Don't all moms feel that way.  I think we may have had one of the best Christmas's as well.  The kids really loved what they got and are still playing with all of it, so maybe we are actually figuring out what their current passions are better.  Sometimes it's a little hard to tell when they like so many things and activities.  Anyway, I have had a few nights on my own with the kids, Kyle has had to work a lot.  This has given me a chance to sit back and just have fun with them.  A lot of the time when Kyle is home he does all the playing and I finish household chores that need done.  Anyway, I was the designated kid entertainer since he was gone.  We watched our last Disney trip video, which is an hour long, and went to Toys R Us to spend gift cards, and baked cookies.  Somehow we managed to keep bedrooms picked up and the playroom clean, so that went a long way towards my ability to just enjoy them without feeling nuts.  Here are a few pictures of my kids being who they are.  Goofy kids!  I love them passionately and look forward to future fun times.
Here is Sarah doing her new trademark move...the tongue role!

Adam has a hard time making funny faces, he'll get there, it seems to come with age.
                 I love Alex in this one.  What a nerd.
Alex has a HUGE mouth!!!!




1 comment:

Family of 5 said...

You are such a good mom! It's fun to read your blog and read what I have to look forward to as my kiddos get older! Thanks for sharing! And I love the pics...all your kids have such a different look to them, but yet they still look like family! Does that make sense? :0 )