Thursday, August 28, 2008

Bye-Bye Summer



Well I can hardly believe that summer is coming to an end.  Kyle went back to work on Tuesday.  Much to his surprise when he got there his room had no carpet, shelving, fixtures and on and on.   I guess there was also a large whole in one of the walls.  They are in the middle of building him a new room but it won't be ready until spring and his current one had to be totally stripped due to mold etc.  It has made starting the year interesting for him.  I have had a few days now with just my kids.  It's always odd getting back to routine.  I have not been able to get my body out of bed like I should, I'm hoping that will come next week.  During the summer Kyle and I live like college students.  It's great, we stay up late and sleep in, but it makes getting going in the fall harder.  Especially as I get older, I just don't bounce back like I did.  I should count my blessings though, because our kids love moving their sleep schedule too.  They are happy to stay up a little later and sleep until 9:00 or even 10:00.  We adults try not to stay in bed that late however, but it's nice to know that we can.  Now, however I have to switch their schedule too.  Especially since Alex is starting all day school.  He is going to be a big first grader, I can NOT believe it.  I actually cry thinking about it.  I have really enjoyed him this summer, he is so funny and super smart and I will miss having him with me.  On the days he rides the bus he will not get home until 4:15.  Kyle could actually get home before him some days!  Sarah is also leaving me, to be a kinder!  Poor Adam is going to be suffocated with love from me.  Here are some pictures from one of our final summer flings.  We went Putt-Putt with the kids, it was loads of fun.   

 My competitive nature did come out when I thought I might beat Kyle, but sadly we only tied.  And we only tied because Kyle was kind and gave me a 2 on a hole that I really got a 4 on.
The top picture is of Sarah making  shot.  I love the boys expressions. Above are their ball choices, black for our serious 7 year old, blue for our sweet little Adam and then purple, of course, for the girl.  I couldn't resist putting in the last picture, oh my she is pretty.  Check out the 80's side pony in the ball picture.  She came up with that all on her own, now she just needs some leg warmers and stretch pants. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I absolutely love this! It is so fun to feel like I'm getting to share in these memories. I can't tell you how stinkin' proud I am of you, wendy-girl! I'm off to bed now. Staff ID photos in the AM. Only 4 days 'til T-Day! Wow. Love you....MLS

Acker Family said...

Your kids have such great personalities. It's too fun to see them in pictures! I especially love your 80's description-funny!

girl said...

Love it, again! :) Leg warmers and stretch pants are a must for Sarah...especially if she came up with the side ponytail on her own! :) lol! We need to get together sometime. Hopefully we didn't just miss our opportunity with labor day weekend. Justin is finally starting to relax with our house almost fully unpacked. Maybe we can set something up this weekend. I can't wait!! :)