Friday, August 8, 2008

Did I forget anything? Of course I did!

We are just 12 hours away from the big moment.  Loading the car, and I really mean LOAD, and heading down I-5 to the happiest place on earth.  We are praying for safe travels, that our family can grow closer, and that we can all stay happy in our van full with 7 people and all of their stuff.  My mom and I have now gone through about 10 re-writes of our schedule - that we will probably ditch on the first day.  But at least we feel prepared.  Kyle has finally finished his homework, yeah, and so he is also getting excited.  The kids are bouncing off the walls and I am looking around at all the stuff I still have to do.  Yet somehow I don't care, maybe I'm a little excited too.  You never imagine just how much stuff three kids alone can require for a 10 day trip.  Way more then I think we needed when I was little.  We have three DVD players, several ipods, food, survival bags, pillows and on and on.  Not to mention that my fashion forward daughter needs three princess outfits and several options for daily clothing.  It's CRAZY!  When I get back I am sure I will blog a huge post about our trip, pictures and everything.  I can't wait to share our fun.  For everyone we are leaving to go about their daily lives, we will be sure to tell Mickey hello.  Pray for us and we will see you all in a little over a week.

1 comment:

Family of 5 said...

Wow! It sounds like an excellent trip! How fun! I can't wait to take our kids there when they get a lil older! And how sweet that Kyle proposed to you there! What a memory! Dan and I went there on our honeymoon! It was wonderful! And sad I haven't been back since...hopefully in a few more yearS! What a trooper your parents are too! That's awesome! Love the stories and I can't wait to do the princess stuff with Cami someday! :) And good for you Adam...way to use the potty! And oh yah one more thing...maybe he'll be a youth pastor someday...saying he spends his time at church! Too cute!