Monday, August 4, 2008

So Many Birthdays

It's hard to believe how many birthday parties you go to after you start having kids.  You never realize before you enter this great adventure of parenting that you will need to know not only your own kids greatest passion, but you must also understand 30 other kids greatest passions. After all you would hate to show up with a gift that is totally ridiculous.  It's not so bad really, it's actually very fun watching all these munchkins grow up.  I love looking at all my kids friends and guess which ones will have crushes and which ones might be life-long friends.  The party tonight was at our very good friends house for their little girl Brynn.  Brynn's mom and I have said that our two oldest kids should never date, it would surely end in heartache as they are both very headstrong.  However, I suspect we may have very little to say in the matter.  We just have to pray for all our little ones as they grow and get closer to the world of dating.  Pray for large amounts of wisdom in lots of different areas.  For now, I will happily go to a million birthday parties.  If I still have to attend parties with my child then they are too young to date and that is just fine with me.

3 comments:

Pam said...

You are so very wise to begin praying now for those "future" dating concerns. We are in the midst of what you were just describing in your post. Prayer and open lines of communication are very effective. You will do well, I can tell already. And yes, you can add me to our list. I don't even ask, I just do it!

Emily said...

You are right they shouldn't, but I love the fact the kids are friends and I love this cute little blog.

Acker Family said...

Dating scares me (for Lily that is!!) I love that your kids and their friends are getting so old and still the best of friends, too cute :)