Sunday, April 5, 2009

My baby is 4?!

Adam and his buddies at his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse party!  Loads of fun!

As I sit here the rest of the family is enjoying a very beautiful day outside.  I love our house for lots of reasons, but one is the large amount of big windows in the back.  I can sit on my couch and feel like I am outside.  Alex is playing baseball this year, which is new, and he is practicing his "pop ups".  I know I am his mom, but I think he could do just about anything he set his mind to.  Sarah is dancing and singing, the girl has moves.  I frequently can't understand her singing though, I guess the choir teacher needs to talk to her about articulation.  And Adam is doing his best to sneak down to the creek, which he already fell into today in his new, good shoes, of course.

That being said, Adam turned 4 yesterday.  As promised, to those of you that even read this, I am going to do a little walk down memory lane.  He was a planned c-section and I was totally relaxed when I got to the hospital.  I got all cozy in my room and waited for my least favorite part of the pre surgery stuff, the iv.  I hum when I am nervous and I have a default melody that all my humming goes to, Hey Hey We're the Monkeys.  Weird, I know.  My nurse thought so too.  Anyway, the actual c-section went great, minus the gossip from the nurses about a recently departed doctor, and of course I hate the smell of burning flesh but that is just part of birthing this way.  Anyway, I felt great until about an hour after this little darling entered my life, then the vomiting began and lasted for 8 hours!!!!!!  Ughhh, I still feel tired and icky when I think about it.  I didn't hold him once, or feed him, or want to talk to any of our visitors.  It was horrible.  

But then I recovered and right away we all knew we had something special on our hands with this guy.  I was happy to be done with two kids, Kyle wanted about a million, so we struck a deal at 3.  I was one of three and really liked it, so I thought I could handle it, but I was worried.  I'll tell you, our family would not be complete without our little prince.  He is head strong and way to smart and sneaky.  But he is precious, freely gives his love and SO MUCH FUN!!!  I wish I could list all his amazing deeds but here are just a few moments from the last 4 years.

We have found him in a fireplace, covered in soot.  We have found him in the dryer, luckily before turning it on.  We have had to call someone to break him out of the bathroom he locked himself in.  I have found him pouring kitty litter into the toilet, which makes paste for those of you that don't know.  He has greeted guests at the door, totally nude, like it was a normal thing.  He has peed all over EVERYTHING in our bathroom, oh and he potty trained himself.  He has let himself out of the house several times and been found in neighbors backyards and around the corner headed to the park.  These are just a few things that I can think of, with my family begging me to join them outside, but as you can see he keeps us hopping and is a little scary.  No matter what he does though, it's actually hard to get upset with him.  He just has a way about him.  Anyway, happy birthday Adam, may everyone enjoy the stories you will provide for years :)

2 comments:

Acker Family said...

Awesome Adam stories!! Love those pictures too. It's been fun watching him grow up!

Pam said...

I'm not outside either! But I'm headed that way. Hopefully you have all of those stories documented for him to share with his children someday...