Thursday, April 16, 2009

Easter Craze

Here is Alex in our Easter production at church.  

So it has been way to long since my last blog, and this one will be short considering everything we have been up to here. Last week was the insane process of Easter.  But honestly I can't complain.  My wonderful, amazing parents hired a wonderful, amazing babysitter, to watch my wonderful, amazing kids.  She was AWESOME.  The last night as she left Sarah hollered down, "bye pretty Hannah".  Not to mention that there were times when our kids couldn't see us leave fast enough so they could have her all to themselves.  But the week was still busy, and now we are preparing to head to Southern California with Kyle's band.  So here are just a few things that stuck out from our week of living at the church.  First, I have never done an Easter with such little negativity.  Usually there isn't much anyway, but people get tired and we spend A LOT of time together so you get the occasional grumble.  Nothing!  Not once did I hear anything negative.  God is good.  Second, I was amazed at the talent God brought to us.  People that we did not even know sang (Jessica) and new people that are VERY talented (Billy and Cathy).  Not to mention our normal crew of servants that come together to make such a great choral sound.  God is good.  Third, my husband rocked the house!!!!!!!  God is good.  Fourth, my son got to learn a whole new level of serving.  He grew over the week and was able to clearly state why we were there.  God is good.  Fifth, I really enjoyed myself.  Serving the Lord can be fun, but also it can be cleaning toilets or changing a kids pooped diaper.  While I always love serving Him, I am happy to say this was totally enjoyable, and I will miss it.  God is good.  This really is just a few things that stood out to me.  There are so many more things I could mention, but I have to go pack instead.  

2 comments:

Family of 5 said...

OH it sounds like it was wonderful! I'm thankful it went so smoothly, God is good! I wish we wouldn't have missed it! Thank you for being such servants!

Cathy said...

Your hubby DID rock the house! It was such a blessing to be a part of it! Never been a part of anything like it and like you said - with no negativity!

Have a wonderful trip!! Bring some California sun back with you!