Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Sunny Day At the Park


What a beautiful day today.  I love those unexpected warm winter days.  Sarah has been taking a pet class at school, how cute is that, and she has to be there by 3:30.  So we decided to leave a little early and go to the park right next to school.  The kids were so happy to slide and play and run.  I forget how much they need that.  Sarah is getting really good at the monkey bars and Adam is a pro at climbing and sliding.   For some odd reason Adam loves to pick up the wood chips and pretend they are cookies that he is baking.  I am never tempted to try out his park creations.  I'm a little worried that he does.  After we got Sarah to her class we grabbed Alex off the bus and went back to the park.  I can't believe how big he is getting, he can pretty much do anything he sets his mind to.  He saw a couple of friends from school at the park, one little girl in particular, that he felt he needed to impress.  If she ran to a new play structure pretty soon I would see Alex not far behind.  He does love the ladies.  I hope we get a few more nice days like today this week.  I love being able to get out of the house and play.  Maybe we need to visit the zoo soon.  Hmmm?

2 comments:

Becky said...

We LOVE that park. We feel the same way about sunny days around here. Glad you were able to get out! Would love to connect at the park sometime!

Family of 5 said...

Oh I love the days when is it sunny too...there is just something that helps our day when the sun comes out ! And oh the fresh air!