Thursday, August 6, 2009

Enjoying a new hobby

So lately I have been enjoying my new - true hobby - photography. It's really fun to have something that is just for fun. I am passionate about music, but it is also my job so it's not the same. For Christmas Kyle gave me a new camera, I still don't know how to use all of it's fancy parts. Slowly I started taking pictures for people, because I enjoy the challenge and it's great practice, and oddly people keep asking. Ultimately I want to be able to take amazing pictures of my kids but they can only handle so much practice. I actually think my talent may be the detail pictures, meaning the cool mountain shot or the flowers that look so pretty. But every now and then I capture a really neat moment and I get so excited to see it. My next challenge is learning how to print these pictures in a way that doesn't look like just a regular snap shot. They look great on the computer but not as awesome printed up. (I also really want photoshop) I'm super blessed to have REALLY talented friends that actually know what they are doing. I'm actually trying to convince one of them, Valerie, to offer some classes in general on how to take good pictures and how to use our cameras. Kind of a mommy friendly class on how to really capture our kids lives on film. Good idea I think, right Valerie? :) These are a few of the thousands, I am not kidding, that I have taken over the last month. Gotta love digital. So if I call you up and say, hey can I have your children for the next few hours, say yes please. Maybe I'll grab a good shot of your sweeties.I like the colors of this picture. The log floating on the beautiful rocks. I wish it hadn't been so hazy so that the mountains looked a little prettier.
One of my favorite little girls with a huge weed - I know those have a name but I can't think of it.


I love the back light on this one. When I look at it bigger Ethan's eyes are so pretty.

I just really like the composition of this one. There is a free photoshop web site where I can change everything but her dress to black and white, so pretty that way.
The Libby clan, some of our dearest friends. Thanks for letting me play with you guys, I have so many new ideas just based of that little photo shoot.
These are some of my scenery shots - for lack of a better term. I just think they are pretty.

The Dempster clan, another set of really dear friends.
I love these "country" pictures we took.


I don't know why I love this one of Adam's hands hanging out of the car so much, but I think it is really cool. These were taken on our recent tent trailer camping adventure.
Mt. Adams, which Adam thought was pretty cool.

Just interesting to me to look at. Nothing more to say.

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Anyone that reads this and comments, check out Valerie's website. You can connect from my side bar under web stops I like to make.

Kate said...

Your pictures are amazing! you are gifted!

Family of 5 said...

WOW! THose are amazing pictures Wendy! You are really gifted in capturing such great pictures! Anytime you want to practice let me know! :)

HOpe your doing well! Feels like i haven't seen you in awhile!

Acker Family said...

Um, can I say AMAZING?!! SOOO good! Those scenery shots could be postcards! And if you're interested, I'd love to get some maternity shots...but no pressure! :) Miss you friend!

Cathy said...

Um....YOU'RE GETTIN' GOOD! Those are some GREAT pictures!

Hope you've been enjoying the summer...still need to do that playdate/coffee/mama-chat-time.:)

girl said...

WOW!! Seriously, awesome pictures Wendy! You're going to give Valerie a run for her money! :)

Connie said...

Love your models, they are so talented!! Just kidding! I am thrilled with the pictures and also think you are an amazing photographer, I love the scenic shots. You see things so artistically that I probably wouldn't notice. :)

Becky said...

You can take pictures of my guys whenever you want! I love that picture of the tree/lake/canoe. I'd love a print of that. Maybe even a big one! :) Maybe for Brian's bday?